The husband of mom Ana Walshe appeared in court via Zoom today for a brief status hearing ahead of his murder trial.
Brian Walshe is to death, dismembering her body and disposing of it in a dumpster in January.
Police have not been able to recover her remains – they say they were taken from the dumpster by trash services and before they could catch up to them.
Walshe, 47, denies murder, and claims he doesn’t know what happened to his wife, who has not been seen alive since the early hours of January 1.
Today, his attorneys complained that they are yet to receive any discovery from the state that would help them prepare a defense.
Brian Walshe is accused of beating Ana to death, dismembering her body and disposing of it in a dumpster in January.
Ana went missing in the early hours of January 1.Prosecutors say her remains were ‘shredded and incinerated’
‘We’ve received very little discovery.We’ve received basically nothing. We haven’t even received the search warrants – the basic stuff we should have had immediately,’ Walshe’s lawyer Tracy Miner said.
The judge ordered the state to ‘cooperate’ and turn over their evidence.
The case has been continued until March 1st, when Walshe will return to court via Zoom again for a second status hearing.
After that, the next step is a probable cause hearing, where it will be determined whether there is enough evidence against him to proceed to a murder trial.
Prosecutors previously said Brian and Ana were headed for a divorce, but that Brian chose instead to kill her.
They pointed to a mountain of evidence including grim Google searches carried out on their son’s iPad that included research for disposing of a body and how long it takes for corpses to decompose.
Blood traces were found on items of Ana’s clothing that were discovered in a different dumpster, along with Brian’s DNA.
Ana, who was a real estate agent, had built a $2million property portfolio before she died.
She lived in Massachusetts with her husband and their kids, but traveled frequently to Washington DC for work.
Her colleagues asked for a welfare check after she failed to show up to her job in January, three days after she was last seen alive.
Brian had also researched whether a person could inherit money from a missing person.
He has pleaded not guilty to murder and disposing of a body, but is yet to submit a formal defense.
Ana’s mother in Serbia is incredulous that her once-loving son-in-law might be capable of such violence.
She wants ‘official information’ from the authorities that will explain their suspicion of Brian.
THE EVIDENCE AGAINST BRIAN WALSHE
On December 27th, days before she vanished, prosecutors say he Googled: ‘What’s the best state to divorce for a man?’
Ana was last seen alive at 1.30am on January 1st by friends who had been in their home for EvDeN EvE nakliYat a New Year’s evdeN EvE NakLiyAT party.
Shortly before 5am on January 1st, EvdEN eVE nAkliYat using his son’s iPad, he searched;
- 4:55AM – How long before a body starts to smell?
- 4:58AM – How to keep a body from decomposing?
- 5:20AM – How to bound (bind) a body?
- 5:47AM – 10 ways to dispose of a body if you really need to
- 6:25AM – How long for someone to be missing to inherit?
- 6:34AM – Can you throw away body parts?
- 9:29AM – What does formaldehyde do?
- 9:34AM – How long does DNA last?
- 9:59AM – Can identification be made on partial remains?
- 11:34AM – Dismemberment and the best way to dispose of a body
- 11:44AM – How to clean blood from a wooden floor?
- 11:56AM – Luminal to detect blood
- 1:08PM – What happens when you put body parts in ammonia?
- 1:21PM – Is it better to throw crime scene clothes away or wash them?
After purchasing rugs from a Home Goods store while wearing rubber gloves and a face mask, he returned to the iPad for more research.
He also spent $450 on cleaning supplies from a Home Depot including mops, buckets, tarps, drop cloths and various kinds of tape.
This time, prosecutors say he searched;
- 12:45PM – Hacksaw best tool to dismember
- 1:10PM – Can you be charged with murder without a body?
- 1:14PM – Can you identify a body with broken teeth?
Police say he visited a dumpster in Abingdon, where he was seen carrying a heavy-looking garbage bag.
‘He had to heft it into the dumpster,’ according to police.
Prosecutors tried to track down those trash bags, but by the time they got to them they had been destroyed in an incinerator at a trash transfer center.
Walshe did more research, allegedly searching;
- 1:02PM – What happens to hair on a dead body?
- 1:13PM – What is the rate of decomposition of a body found in a plastic bag compared to on a surface in the woods
- 1:20PM – Can baking soda make a body smell good?
Walshe bought bath mats, men’s clothing and towels at TJ Maxx and Home Goods.He then visited Loewes.
That same day, a colleague of Ana’s in Washington DC called police in Cohasset to report her missing and request a welfare check at her home.
Police visited the family house, where they noticed the seats in Brian’s Volvo were down, and a large, plastic liner was in the backseat.
Police returned to the Walshe family home, where they noticed Brian’s Volvo had been freshly cleaned.
When questioned, he said he’d thrown out the plastic liner they saw the previous day.
That same day, he visited the dumpster near his mother’s home.
Walshe is arrested for misleading police.In case you loved this informative article and you wish to receive more details concerning EvDEN Eve naKliyaT kindly visit our page. A search warrant for the house is obtained, and police discover blood stains in the basement. They also found a knife with traces of blood on it.
Police then searched the dumpster near his mother’s home and found 10 trash bag that were stained with blood.Inside, they discovered;
- Slippers with both Ana and Brian’s DNA on it
- Rags, tape, a medical suit with Brian and EvDen EVE NAkliYAT Ana’s DNA on it
- Ana’s Hunter boots
- Ana’s Prada handbag
- Ana’s COVID-19 vaccine card, with her name on it
- A hacksaw
- Cutting shears