NPM Patented Needle Technology: The Basics About Needles
NPM needles are made from the finest 316L ROSS stainless steel. This is the same material that is licensed for medical use and commonly found in stents. NPM needles are also one integral unit. This means the needle and the cover body are one, ensuring the needle will remain aligned at all times during operation.
Needles are designed to absorb color and to release it only when the needle touches the skin. This reduces spills and ensures a clean, professional treatment. And, when the motor stops, the needle remains inside the unit. The needle and the roller are for one-time use to meet the sterilization standard for medical treatment. For more on needles, click here
NPM Patented Needle Theory
NPM needles come in a variety of thickness, length, structure, tip type and material. Generally, there are two types of tips: a long tip or a short tip. Needles with a long tip are more suitable for creating lines, while short tipped needles are better suited for filling in areas and shading.
For acupuncture, tattoo art or permanent makeup, there are five types of needle thickness.
- Needle #6 (4 times zero) is 0.22 mm thick
- Needle #8 (3 times zero) is 0.25 mm thick
- Needle #10 (2 times zero) is 0.30 mm thick
- Needle #12 is 0.35 thick
- Needle #14 is 0.40 thick
There are an unlimited number of structure combinations, but these are the commonly used:
- Structure A: Flat structure – This is a structure where all the needles are connected close to one another and at the same height.
- Structure B: Magnum structure – The needles are connected close to one another and at the same height, but we raise the second and fourth needle slightly.
- Structure C: Double stack – We will connect three needles together in a flat manner and we place two flat needles on top of them, so that we have two levels of needles.
- Structure D: Japanese structure – We connect the needles in a flat manner where the middle needle is higher that the two needles connected to it and the two needles on the sides are lower so that we receive a graduated structure.
- Structure E: Diagonal structure – We will connect the needles in a graduated fashion where every needed is lower than the one next to it.
Structure F: Circular structure – We gather all the needles together to create a structure where there is one needle in the middle surrounded by four needles.
NPM Line of Needles
NPM places a large emphasis on needle theory. We will guide you as to which needle is proper to apply makeup to a specific area or to achieve a desired result. To view our line of needles, click here.
There are currently seven types of needle structures, where each needle structure has been assigned a different color. To view our line of needles, click here.
- Needle no.1 white color with 0.25mm diameter, built from one single needle with bullet head short tip, designed for Hair Follicle effect.
- Needle no.1 120RL white color with 0.35mm diameter, built from one single needle with long sharp tip, designed to create hair stroke effect for eyebrows and beauty marks
- Needle no.1 140RL white color with 0.40mm diameter, built from one single needle long sharp tip, designed to create hair stroke effect for eyebrows and beauty marks.
- Needle no. 3RL sky blue color with 0.25mm diameter, built from 3 needles with long tip in a circular structure, designed to create a hair stroke effect, a thin lip border, a very thin tip for the eyeliner, an effect line above the top lip after delineating and filling the lips.
- Needle no. 3RS yellow color with 0.35mm diameter, built from 3 needles with short tip in a circular structure, designed to create an accentuated lip line, eyeliner or lash line, a beauty mark.
- Needle no. 5RS color green with 0.30mm diameter, built from 5 needles with short tip in a circular structure, designed to delineate the lips and shade the lip fill, eyebrows, accentuated eyeliner, an line effect above the eyeliner and beauty mark.
- Needle no. 7RS color transparent with 0.30mm diameter, built from 7 needles with short tip in a circular structure, designed to create eyebrows in full color, to shade eyebrows, accentuated eyeliner, accentuated delineation of lips, repairs and, deletions.
- Needle no. 7M color purple with 0.30mm diameter, built from 7 needles with short tip in a flat structure, designed to fill in lips, fill in large areas such as nipple reconstruction, etc.
- Needle no. 11D color gray with 0.30mm diameter, built from 11 needles with short tip in a double stack, designed to fill in lips and to fill in large areas such as eye shadow.
To view our line of needles, click here.